The Mission of the North Shore Unitarian Church
Our mission is to empower people to live with greater depth, meaning and purpose. We welcome all to our caring community, foster spiritual growth free of dogma, and inspire actions in the service of life.
In carrying out this mission, we promote our historic values of religious tolerance, freedom of thought and the use of reason. We are rooted in Canadian and world-wide Unitarian Universalism and affirm the following principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.